Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fight: Forgiven

I was upset
I wanted to let you know
my feelings
as did you

Hoping
the person I once knew was
still in you
somewhere

You
released the
pent up
anger you had that was waiting to
explode

Eyes swollen with tears
Body trembling with fear, distress and disbelief
Fear because we've never had a FIGHT
Distress because we let the FIGHT take over
Disbelief because we let the FIGHT begin

What has become of us?
Was it entirely due to
me?
you?
her?
him?
All of us?

I don't know
I don't want to know
It hurts to know
Heck,
it hurts to care and love

The
Fight has awoken me from
my life
A life of loyalty and compassion
A life that has been misinterpreted
A life that was help formed
by people such as
you

Thank you for the
fight,
anger,
distrust,
disappointment,
release and the
lifting of burden.

I will always remember the times we've had
in the past
when nothing mattered
when we were friends because we
enjoyed each other's company and
talked about everything

You were someone I treasured and would
still want to treasure
but it is too painful and
heavy a task
to know that you have never understood
my thoughts and intentions

I fought with you
I forgive you

Will I forgive myself?

No comments: