Sunday, November 27, 2011

Many thanks, congratulations and best wishes!


It is that time of the year again.

The time when we count our blessings for the wonderful ups and downs with the children. All the tears and laughter, the bitter and the sweet.

The time we thank the families for their support and confidence in our teaching. We thank you in recommending us to your colleagues, friends, neighbours and extended family. We have enjoyed working with all of you in helping your children grow and learn.

The time when we anxiously await the new year to begin and to hear back from our K2 children who will be stepping up to Year One. We are constantly kept on our toes, to know if we have done our job in preparing them for their future.

As I take the graduation photos for the graduating students and as I announce each of their names as they walk towards Mum to receive their certificates, I am ushered down memory lane. Memories from as far back as when their parents approach the centre to enquire about our programs in the office with me, to the first week of their formal education and care experience with us, to the person they have turned out today.


Even as I watch them perform on stage, I feel an indescribable amount of pride. All our children, from the really young two-year-olds to the tall and lanky six-year-olds, exude confidence and enjoyment. I was brought to tears when the whole school sang 感谢. Some parents came up to me to congratulate me on another concert well done. One even had tears in her eyes.

The praises that are showered upon us when our children do well in school in future are not as important as the relationship that they want to maintain with us. To me, it is when children and their family return to help out at events, or even drop by just to send their regards that our job is a job well done. I try very hard to be part of this because this reminds me of why I chose to be in this profession.

Every year, I fly home for this.

Nothing I say can express the heartfelt gratitude I have for all our teaching and non-teaching staff, our students and their families, current and former.

Thank you, everyone. Congratulations and all the best for the coming year!

No comments: