Friday, May 24, 2013

Kura III

We were introduced to this small unassuming Japanese place by college friends. Naturally, those living in the city would know better than us 'hill rabbits' living up in the north-western suburbs. The place is small but obviously thriving, as it has been operating for as long as I have been living in Sydney.

Instantly, I fell in love with their egg udon, a simple bowl of udon with just one egg. For $8, it was quite a deal for students like us living on a budget. They also make reasonable sushi.

Salmon and avocado 

Two must-haves when we come in a group are the takoyaki and the agedashi tofu. I so love these two! The takoyaki balls are big unlike some places where the balls are tiny.



Seafood udon

As I am an unagi person, I sometimes order their unagi with egg served on rice. I add a generous dose of chilli powder and ah... awesomeness...


And on a hot summer evening, a glass of lemonade can never go wrong!


Kura 3 on Urbanspoon


Kura III
1/6 Dixon Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9268 0016

No comments: