Monday, April 17, 2023

Encore Pastry Cafe

 Taman Bukit Desa is where I spent a large portion of my childhood, as Dad's office was here until I was 10. Every day after school, we would have lunch at the Uncle Sunny's kopitiam downstairs from Dad's office.

Now, many years later, that lone row of shops is home to several popular cafes, one of them being Encore Pastry Cafe that occupies the first lot. This year marks their 10th year of operations and although I am not a frequent visitor, they are always in my mind when craving good dessert.

During my latest visit, I tried a cold drink for the first time - Chocolate Flotteur. Think root beer float but in dark chocolate instead of root beer. This was satisfyingly rich without being overly sweet.


Also my first time trying their Apple Almond Tart. Almond slices on the surface gives it an added layer of texture when chewing.


What I always come here for is their famous Lemon Tart. Still the best I have had in KL.


They have both indoor air-conditioned seating (which is freezing, in my opinion) and outdoor al fresco seating (which could be annoying if you do not like the smell of cigarette smoke). Parking can get tricky, especially during working hours.

They also serve main meals, so do give them a try. I believe they would be not too bad, too.

1 Jalan Bukit Desa 5, Taman Bukit Desa, 58100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
T: +60 3 7972 7988; M: +6012-988 9550; E: enquiry@encoregroup.com.my
Wednesday to Sunday 11:00 to 9:00pm
FB | IG

No comments: