Saturday, July 13, 2024

Summation

 Like many other cafes, I first got to know about this place through an ex-student's post on social media. Any cafe with the words "new cafe in Seri Kembangan" would never fail to grab my attention.

Summation is on an unassuming upper level of a semi-industrial area of Seri Kembangan. To be exact, in one of the newer parts of Taman Bukit Serdang. Leads to the place are not exactly obvious but upon reaching their door step, it is hard to miss with its brightly lit "more espresso, less depresso" sign.


I visited with Dad on a drizzling afternoon, as we were looking for a place to have our afternoon 'kopi'. As we entered into the main cafe area, there was a counter to our right with (to the best of my knowledge) a letter-pressing looking machine.


Along one of the walls is a display of stationery from Summorie, or to be more specific, parts that would make up your unique personalised notebook.


Layout was simple and straightforward. One side for stationery, another for food.


Did I mention that there is an aromatic whiff of coffee as soon as you walk in? My vision was automatically guided by my nose and there, my brain was told to have sum er, some of those that produced that smell.


Apologies for a not-so-advanced mobile phone, but hopefully the photo shows just enough of the variety of dessert they had on display that afternoon. Rather catchy, I would say. The pink doughnut-looking was Taro Coconut, the green one next to it was Matcha Yuzu Tart, the one with a hat was Nutmeg Banana Chocolat, the one with a red centre was Petit Grapefruit Cheesecake and the right-most swirly one was Citron Tart.


On a normal day, I would choose the Citron Tart. But I decided to try something different, since the place is new. I opted for the Nutmeg Banana Chocolat. Admittedly, my palate on the first mouthful took a tad wee of time to adjust but after that, I found the combination rather interesting.


Oh and yes, coffee was good, too.


It has been quite a while, so the place may look different now. They even have another outlet open at RexKL. Probably time for me to pay another visit.

B-2-1 Jalan 14/3, Pusat Perniagaan Bukit Serdang, Taman Bukit Serdang Seksyen 14, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia
M: +6017-985 0917; E: holasummation@gmail.com
Daily 10:00am to 6:00pm
FB | IG

No comments: