Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2 Forms of Contentment (Shij Style)

Emma wanted to speak to me personally. I gave her a call. She was in her office. She wanted to let me know the situation of my marks for my thesis. One marker gave me a Credit. One gave me a Distinction. So now my status is still pending. Still have no news. But I'm happy. Distinction or not, I enjoyed myself a lot and I found my writing style different. I learnt so much from Emma and I am humbled by the vast amount of knowledge my lecturers have and their approachable persona. I am glad I decided to enrol in the Honours program.
------

Thom Son (9), Dickson (6), Wi Xi (5) and Wi Zi's (4) mum has not arrived. It was 7pm. By right, if mum implemented her OT strictly, their mum would've needed to pay qutie a large sum. But we're a service to the community and they've been coming to us for so many years now. Thom Son will be 10 next year. He's been coming to us since he was 3. Why bicker over something as trivial as their mum not coming before we close shop?

While driving them to their dad's mobile phone shop, this conversation took place:
WZ: Shi Jing Jie Jie, how come you only have one of that thing?
SJ: What thing?
WZ: Neh, that thing (pointing at the wiper).
SJ: What do you mean?
WX: She said that 'cause we have 2 of those things!
Dickson: Yeah, we do! Many cars have 2. Why do you have only one?
WZ: Is one enough?
Dickson: Oh, I know! I know! Hers is longer! Look, it's almost reaching the side of the windscreen!
WX: Yes, yes!
Dickson: They have to make it longer because her windscreen is bigger.

Thom Son was quietly observing. I smiled. They have figured it out for themselves - their hypothesising, their reasonings, sharing of thoughts. I am definitely in the right field.

No comments: