Friday, April 27, 2007

Do Some Charity!



Yes, I'm talking to you. Who are you looking at? Charity can be done in many ways and Oxfam has a really cool (and cheap) way for you and me. Have you heard of the White Band? No? Shame on you. Hahaha.. ok ok.. neither have I until Oxfam set up shop in Mac Cen. You know how we get yellow LIVESTRONG bands? Yup, they have white MAKEPOVERTYHISTORY bands and they're only for $2! Imagine! I sometimes wonder how much help we are really giving by contributing just that small amount. Hmm....

And, this thought came to me while I was reading my notes in the kitchen with Shaun cooking in front of me: are those bands biodegradable? Are they harmful to the environment? They'd better not be! Shaun said that they could be recycleable. But hey, even recycling uses energy and produces greenhouse gases right? So, what's the point?

Sigh, I guess you can't have the best of everything, eh? Even if you don't want to buy it for the sake of helping, buy it because it looks cool. Ok?

No comments: