Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Home Thai Restaurant

Home Thai is one of the more popular Thai places that has mushroomed during the recent Thai eatery proliferation. With decor and menu very similar to Chat Thai, we all wonder if it they are connected in any way.


I think everyone is doing the open kitchen concept, whereby diners get to watch the kitchen in action while waiting to be served. In my opinion, it is a clever way of tempting us with their colourful transparent bowlfuls of sweets and what not.


Normally, I dive straight to mains but perhaps their temptation magic works because I always order entree here. My favourite is their spring roll.


Sometimes, instead of the normal rice noodle Pad Thai (yes, I order Pad Thai at every single Thai restaurant I visit), I ask for it to be in glass noodle. Same same but different.


The pad see ew is a little sweet for my liking but at least it is not dry like how some other places do theirs.


For dessert, please do not go past the colourful bowl of sago and taro dessert. A little rich and too creamy for people who do not like coconut milk.


But oh, so chewy!


No Thai meal is complete without a glass of Thai milk tea... ah...


Home Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Home Thai Restaurant
1-2/299 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9261 5058
Open daily 11:00am to 10:30pm

No comments: