Sunday, January 17, 2016

La Chocolatine

This was my 4th trip to Langkawi Island, a place known to us then high-school/college kids as the cheap alcohol and chocolate island. Fast forward 10 years, I returned to visit the island with a renewed sense of adventure - a more food-inclined one.

Thankfully, due to my studies and prolonged residence in Sydney, I made friends from many different parts of Malaysia and one was a local Langkawi chap. He insisted on taking us to a place for good coffee and cakes. And of course we tagged along to this French place called La Chocolatine. 



And it was really French French, as in the owner was a Fenchman who is a very experienced pastry chef who now calls Malaysia home.


We were so impressed with the selection of freshly-baked pastries and cakes on display, we felt like we wanted to have all of them. But because we just had a meal, we had to control ourselves...









Now you tell me if all that did not make you feel hungry... I have to thank my Langkawi buddy for insisting on taking us here because otherwise, my friends and would not be able to tell from its exterior that it was truly French. Would definitely include this place on my itinerary for my next trip to Langkawi.

La Chocolatine
3 Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Tel: +60 4 955 8891; E-mail: lachoco@streamyx.com
Daily 9:00am to 9:00pm

No comments: