Saturday, January 09, 2016

Restoran Weng Heong 永香肉骨茶

Notice: This is a non-halal post... hahahaha...

Karma will probably get to me at the end because of how much pork I have consumed this lifetime. I have had friends ask me what I would eat if tomorrow was D-Day and immediately I would exclaim, "Bak kut teh!"

There have been instances when I would organise bak kut teh outings and not to just any place, they would be to the bak kut teh capital of Malaysia, Klang. Klang is not only known as a port town but it also for bak kut teh. 

Many KLites and Selangorians purposely make trips to Klang for this dish and everyone would have their personal favourite restaurant. My personal favourite is Restoran Weng Heong in Taman Intan.


No meal of bak kut teh is complete without Chinese tea, bird's eye chilli (lots of 'em) and fried dough fritters.


We ordered both the dry and wet versions of this popular Hokkien dish cooked in a claypot. Generally, I am more a normal wet version person, as I love-to-death a good bak kut teh soup base.


The Klang-style soup base is thick, hearty and rich in flavour.  And when you have bak kut teh with us, it will be a claypotful of everything - lean meat, innards, pork belly, feet, beancurd puffs and iceberg lettuce leaves.


However, lots of water should be consumed after a bak kut teh meal, as the soup base is quite heaty from all the Chinese herbs mixed in it. Oh, actually, that's what the Chinese tea is for. ;)

Restoran Weng Heong 永香肉骨茶
28 & 30 Jalan Batai Laut 5, Kawasan 16, Taman Intan, 41300 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Mob: +60 12 382 4408 

No comments: