Sunday, October 06, 2013

Yonehachi Takashimaya

I had my last lunch in Singapore at Yonehachi.


Located at the food basement of Takashimaya at Ngee Ann City, we were pretty lucky as there were not many people there making it easy to get a table.


Yonehachi is a Japanese chain with more than 150 outlets across Japan and is known for Okowa rice. Okowa rice is sticky rice, also known as glutinouos rice, mixed with different ingredients such as red bean and salmon.

I had the Salmon Okowa with Miso Soup set meal ($7.80).




The salmon bits gave the rice a mixed texture but I was not expecting the rice to be as chewy. I had the impression that it would be really sticky and soft. Hm, different way of cooking it, perhaps.



Kin had the Plain Soba set meal with Sansai Okowa ($10.80).




I preferred the texture of the rice in his box and found the blend of the ingredients rather interesting. One thing is for sure - very healthy.



Yonehachi Takashimaya
Takashimaya, 391 Orchard Road, #B204-1/2, Singapore 238873
Tel: +65 6333 8227
Daily 10:00am to 9:30pm

No comments: