Monday, February 17, 2014

Le Pain Quotidien

I did not know that this place was tucked away in a corner on the fourth floor of Westfield. So, thank you, Jen, for introducing this place. 

Pronounced "luh paN koh-ti-dyaN", Le Pain Quotidien claims that they ensure that their ingredients are of the highest quality by sourcing organic ingredients. I noticed that with this organic concept there is also the concept of sustainability, as they used reclaimed furniture and energy-efficient lamps.


I was looking for something light to just line my stomach before I trigger my gastric. I chose to try their Pumpkin Soup ($10.95). Definitely not a "pour out of a commercially produced tin can" bowl of soup, this one. Freshly made, I added some black pepper powder, as I found it a little too bland.


We liked the Lemon Tart ($6.95) - one to share was not enough but we had a dinner to attend in an hour so yea...


Service depends on how busy the place is and which group of waitstaff is on shift. We were not very lucky, as many of the waitstaff spoke to us in a "sigh, I want to get off work now so can you hurry up with your order already" kind of tone.

Le Pain Quotidien on Urbanspoon

Le Pain Quotidien
Level 4, Westfield Sydney, Corners Pitt Street and Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 8246 9213
Daily 8:00am to 6:00pm (9:00pm on Thursday)

No comments: