The Tea Salon is located at an eye-catching location and sports an English concept of well, tea.
To help shoppers decide on whether to take a pitstop here or upstairs at the food court, they have a menu displayed at their entrance.
And like any other shopping or makan place, they were packed on a weekend.
We tried to contain our laughter when we were given the tableware. So, ahem, we were going to have tea with the Queen!
Their hot chocolate ($4.50) was quite thick.
And we had the typical English tea and scones. A pot of tea set us back $5.50.
We had Classic High Tea ($39) to share, which included four afternoon tea ribbon sandwiches:
1) Chicken, mustard, lemon, thyme, roasted almond and celery
2) Smoked salmon, rocket, lemon and capers
3) Cucumber and dill butter
4) Roast beef, horseradish cream and baby cress
And also assorted sweets:
1) Salted chocolate and coconut macaroon
2) Strawberry and rhubarb tarlet
3) Mini rose panna cotta with Persian fair floss
4) Vanilla cupcake with fresh passionfruit topping
As each person was entitled to one scone, we chose a Spiced Cinnamon and Raisin scone and a Lavendar scone. Do not be deceived by how tiny they look. By the time we got to halfway, we were full already.
Westfield Sydney, Level 4 (Designer Gallery), cnr Pitt Street and Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
Tel: +61 2 9233 2231
Monday to Wednesday & Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm
Thursday 9:30am to 7:00pm
Saturday 9:30am to 6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm