Just down the road from Lotus Villa was a temple called Vat Sensoukharam. It consists of a few buildings and is one of the largest monasteries in Luang Prabang.
Constructed in 1718 under the orders of King Kitsarath, it was restored 1932 and again in 1957 in conjunction with Buddha's 2,500th anniversary.
Its name translates into "temple with 100,000 treasures", as it is believed that it has been built using 100,000 stones from the Mekong River.
Not only adorned with intricate gold trimmings, parts of the buildings also had beautiful murals depicting the different stages of Buddhahood.
Unfortunately, the Viharn had just been closed, which did not allow us a view of the interior.
We did, however, pay our respects at the Chapel of the Standing Buddha.