Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Life #13

Not many people know that I have a collection of postcards. I love receiving snail mail and of course, postcards are no exception. In addition, postcards make easy souvenir, as they do not take up much space and do not weigh much. So if you are on a holiday somewhere, no keychains or magnets for me, please. Postcards, please!

The few friends who know of this hobby go out of their way to find some to post to me. One such person is Vince, and I have to thank him the most because we are not really close friends to begin with. But his willingness to help buy and post some to me is really touching.

He got me some from his trip to Phuket:


And also some from his trip to Bali:


And on each postcard, he has a little write up! Such a thoughtful gentleman, he.


Another 'regular' is my ex-student, Li Xin up in Brisbane. She never fails to get me postcards when she goes on roadtrips. The one below here was from her trip to Fraser Island:


She also surprised me with one from Ayers Rock:



The most recent one I received was a surprise one from my Herbalife friends, who got one from Bangkok:



Xin Wen, Miss Teoh, Yuen Chai and Alex are also friends who have me in their minds when travelling. I know because they always come back with a postcard or two for me. See, it does not take much to make me happy. :)

No comments: