Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Vegie Hut Vegetarian Restaurant

During one of my many annual visits to rellies in Melbourne, my aunt and cousin brought me to Vegie Hut for a wholesome vegetarian dinner.


The place was simply decorated with earthy colours and was bustling with diners.


I enjoyed the variety of flavours present in the Oriental Entree Platter ($24.10).


I laughed myself silly at the thought of ordering a Veggie-Fin Soup ($5.40). Talk about not supporting shark fin soup!


The Braised Chinese Mushrooms on Vegetables ($15.10) was a simple dish. I liked the juiciness of the mushrooms.


The Honey Veggie-Prawn ($17.80) was crispy and my young nephew, little Kevin, absolutely loved it. Kids and fried stuff, sigh.


I was surprised that imitation meat/seafood would cost more, just like the real deal. A plate of Steam Fish with Enoki Mushrooms set us back $19.60. Hm, a little pricey, in my opinion. It did taste very fishy, though.


Ah, and complementary tong sui always tastes sweeter. ;)


Vegie Hut Vegetarian on Urbanspoon

Vegie Hut Vegetarian Restaurant
984 White Horse Road, Box Hill, VIC 3128, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9898 2287, Fax: +61 3 9898 9419, Email: yvonne@vegiehut.com.au
Wednesday to Monday 12:00pm to 3:00pm, 5:30pm to 10:00pm

No comments: