Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie

There was a time when friends were incessantly posting photos and checking-in on Facebook when they dined at this place. I wondered what all the hype was about, really. Although I have been driving past this place for a few years since I attended piano lessons over in the Imbi area, I did not realise its popularity. And so when the bestie asked where to go for lunch, I quickly suggested Levain.

The first thing he did was to grab a table. Apparently, we need to know which table we are seated at before placing our orders. Okay, outside is good for me and I know that bestie will want to smoke, too.


As I peered through the glass window next to our table, I noticed that there was also a queue at the counter. I thought they probably could have had one queue for bakery customers and another for cafe/dine-in customers to make the process speedier. 


I ordered a serve of Mushroom Cream Pasta (RM10.30/AUD3.50), which I enjoyed. It was not too creamy and although I found it strange that they added a small dollop of fried sambal at the side, I thought it went pretty well with the pasta.


Bestie had Aglio Olio Fettucine (RM12.90/AUD4.4), which came in a generous serving. Although it had good texture with a generous amount of seafood, I would have liked it to have more of the garlic and olive oil.


He also bought a slice of seafood pizza (RM6.00/AUD2.05) from the bakery. I did not particularly enjoy this, perhaps due to how it has lost its fragrance and crunchiness. I suppose we should have asked them to reheat it before serving it to us.


No trip out with the bestie is complete without dessert and so, I ordered a slice of Chocolate Truffle. Mouthful after mouthful of chocolate sin, which I believe gave me a sugar rush while driving home!


Try to avoid rush hours should you plan to visit. Or, if you do not want to venture into the city, visit Ficelle, their branch which is located just outside the border of KL.

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie
7 Jalan Delima, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 2142 6611, Fax: +60 3 2142 6615
E-mail: enquiry@levain.com.my
Open daily from 7:30am to 9:00pm

No comments: