Sunday, December 22, 2013

Alexis

It took me a while before I had a chance to visit Alexis Bangsar. Friends have been talking about the place for years and instead of visiting with friends, I visited with Dad.


As it was just before lunch time, the place was still quiet. We were shown to our table very quickly.



We sat right at the front overlooking their outdoor dining area.


I liked the interior of the place - they used quite a bit of wood.


The place was brightly lit at that time but I wondered if it would be as brightly lit during dinner time.


Dad ordered a Chicken and Mushroom Pie (RM26.00/AUD8.90), which he found just average. He reckoned that it was a tad expensive, though.


Please smack me for I did not take down what I had (again, sorry). It was a little too heavy for lunch, as I realised that I had to force myself to stay awake as I was driving home. The penne could have been left to boil for slightly longer though.


Was not very impressed despite how friends rave about the place, in all honesty.

Alexis Bangsar
29 Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 2284 2880 
Open daily from 12:00pm to 12:00am

As they had a bigger outlet at The Gardens, I asked VK if we could dine there before our movie. I decided to give their pasta another try and chose to have a pumpkin and ricotta ravioli (I love ravioli). I was disappointed yet again, as the eight pieces of ravioli that got served were not worth the price VK paid.



The only consolation was the Tiramisu (RM15.00). Starting with a top layer of caramelised nuts followed by layers of finger sponge soaked in rum and rich mascarpone embedded with chocolate shavings, the huge piece of cake could make a meal on its own. Although the home-made raspberry sauce was a unique addition, I did not think that it added to the taste of the cake - it was fine on its own.



Lot F209 1st Floor, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 2287 2281
Open daily from 10:00am to 12:00am

No comments: