Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wait?

As the amber and gold fade into turquoise and sky blue, a new day unfolds. Bringing with it pocketfuls of mystery and adventure, a new day is for us to unravel into memory. And with much of what me remember of life, it is filled with bittersweet moments.

Listening to the shrill calls of the hummingbird that comes daily to drink nectar from the flowers hanging off the pergola, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. It has been two months since I put my foot down. I look back not to ponder on whether my decision was wise but to re-establish my forward journey. Like the hummingbird that tirelessly flutters from blossom to blossom, life is passing by and does not wait.

So why do people wait for the world to become a better place? Why do people wait for money to duplicate itself? Why do people wait for a fat paycheck to land in their laps? Why do people wait for lady luck to help them strike it big at the lottery? Why do people wait for others to provide better service, cleaner environments and less toll gates?

Why wait at all? There are things to be done in this world. Maybe not for others but for yourself. The patches of white in the sky will fade away whether you like it or not. The rain will stop but the water will flow away into oblivion.

So wait you say? I'm sorry but waiting takes too much time off of my hands.

No comments: