Sunday, September 23, 2012

Malaysia Festival 2012

Every year, I try to show my support to the hardworking committee members of Malaysia Festival or MFest. Well, haha, okay, support for the food and also certain friends. This year's committee are a fortunate bunch, as they had awesome weather for the event, which in turn resulted in a very encouraging crowd at Tumbalong Park in Darling Harbour.




Some of my friends, like Eugene here, is part of a committee that sacrifices time from studies and rest.


Quality control time for Eugene? Haha, sharing a light banter with the owner of Jackie M Restaurant in Concord, Jackie.


Every year, I never fail to get my serving of char kuey teow from Jackie. I love their char kuey teow. This year, I even printed off a voucher she shared to redeem a bowl of bubur chacha.



My other friends queued at other stalls to grab other Malaysian delicacies like satay, nasi lemak and nasi ayam penyet.




Of course, a stop by the PappaRoti stall to say hi to Junda is a must!





There never is a moment during my time at the event that I am 'free'. My friends always complain that I am too busy saying hi to other friends that I coincidentally meet at the event.




I guess when the sun is directly above you at midday, it does get a little hard to withstand. 




And this year's entertainment did not fail to stand out!



Personally, I feel that there is more variety in the food and performances this year. The only negative for me was the female emcee. Kudos to the 2012 committee!

No comments: