Saturday, June 01, 2013

ZenQ Desserts 仙Q甜品


I think this is like a world-wide fad, just like how Gangnam Style was - a dessert fad. I suppose if there is demand, there will be supply.

Similar to Meet Fresh, ZenQ Desserts serves Taiwanese dessert.



We tried a few varieties. The red bean soup with ZenQ signature Q balls and pearl ($6.20) was mash of a few ingredients. All I could taste was red bean in my mouth.


I preferred the mixed pudding with jelly cake and crystal jelly ($6.40).


In addition to their sweet soups and shaved iced, I suppose their crowd puller would be their toasts. We tried their banana chocolate honey toast ($16.20).




Even though there were two of us, this was pretty heavy for afternoon tea. Too much bread, I reckon but I enjoyed pulling them out one by one. We also tried forest berries danish honey toast ($16.80). This was not too bad in taste.


However, for the same price, I would rather grab a full meal with rice and what not.


Unfortunately for them, they are a case of been there done that for me. Service was below average with tables not cleared (they were better at the Macquarie branch) and with staff who came across as unsure. Perhaps more training before they get left alone to man the branch?

ZenQ on Urbanspoon

ZenQ Desserts 仙Q甜品
Shop 223 (enter from Victoria Avenue), Chatswood Westfield, Anderson Street, Chatswood, NSW 2067, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9411 6882

Shop 408B, Level 4, Macquarie Shopping Centre, Corner Herring and Waterloo Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9889 8823

Open daily from 11:00am till late

No comments: