Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Grounds of Alexandria

The Grounds have been around for ages and it has taken me a few years to pay them a visit! Why....... well, anyways, I managed to find my way there early one morning before one of my flights. 

Located in what used to be a pie factory, the cafe blends the old with the new, preserving most of the building.


Even from the car park, I could smell the coffee as I inhaled. And ah, you know they are serious about coffee when the C in OCD stands for Coffee instead of Compulsive...


When at a place with a barista who was once the youngest world champion, you must try their coffee. I went for a mocha (small $3.50, large $4.00), as it was a tad too early for me to try a long black. Very fragrant, I have to say. Really enjoyed this cuppa.


XW and I shared The Grounds Breakfast Board ($19.00), which consisted of double smoked ham, avocado, fresh heirloom tomatoes, Persian feta, two poached eggs, house-made pesto and toasted sourdough. Nothing too fancy and was pretty normal, we thought. It wasn't bad, just normal.


As we queued to pay the bill, I was intrigued by the many types of bread they baked...


You could test the bread first before purchasing, too.


Ah, and it was a feast for my eyes as I went on a photo-snapping frenzy of these colourful delectables...






For a moment, I thought I was in pastry heaven. And in that moment, I was so tempted to buy a piece of each to take on the plane.

The Grounds of Alexandria on Urbanspoon

Building 7A, 2 Huntley Street, Alexandria, NSW 2015, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9699 2225, Fax: +61 2 8076  3225
Weekdays 7:00am to 4:00pm, Weekends 7:30am to 4:00pm

No comments: