Sunday, January 10, 2021

World of Phalaenopsis

I found out about World of Phalaenopsis through TianChad's IG a few years ago. As soon as I saw the photos, I told myself that I must bring Mum there because she is an orchid fanatic.



The first time I visited was with Mum, Dad, the teachers and the volunteers of our concert and graduation a few years back. Alicia tagged along, too.



When I saw for myself the rows and rows of colourful orchids in different sizes that I saw in TianChad's photos, I could not contain my excitement. I did not give my camera a break.





There were small pots and there were big pots. There were those in elaborate arrangements and there were those that were for replanting.



There were those with stripes and those with spots. There were those that look like butterflies and those that looked like a star.






As the orchids were arranged according to colour, the place was visually pleasing and gave a sense of grandeur.






There were also orchids that looked like they had more than one colour, something like ombre.




I noticed that some pots were hung outdoors, without the air-conditioning, too.



There was a part of the farm that was reserved for cultivation, so there were no stems of flowers, only green leaves.


Obviously, Mum could not leave without getting anything. Our first visit's haul:


My second visit was more recent and was thanks to one of the Melbourne cousins. We were thinking of where to bring her that would make a good day trip and Dad agreed when I suggested to bring her here.





This trip saw a new addition to the farm - a cafe. A very nicely-done one at that.




Ingenious use of strainers

Not limited to just coffee and cake, the cafe also serves hot meals like nasi lemak and fried noodles.



While we did not buy a whole box worth of orchids like Mum did the last time, we did purchase a pot or two. As Dad was paying, I noticed that there was a small section next to the payment counter that had succulents:



I highly recommend this place for a relaxing day trip. Nothing like having a cuppa surrounded by pretty flowers and there is not need to go far, as Ulu Yam is just before the Selangor-Pahang border.

World of Phalaenopsis
Ulu Yam Farm: Lot 1017, Kampung Sungai Kamin, Ulu Yam Baru, 44300 Batang Kali, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. 
Genting Farm: Lot 100, Gohtong Jaya, 69000 Genting Highlands, Pahang Darul Makmur, Malaysia. 
T: +60 3 6075 1133
Daily 9:00am to 5:00pm
FB | IG

No comments: