Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Trying to keep up

I know, I know. I haven't been updating very regularly for the past week or so. I have a valid reason. You see, the big day was on Saturday. Naturally, having only 5 days available to train a whole dance with the kids, I had to make use of ALL the freaking time I had to choreograph, teach and train the dance, design the costume, get it made, and also to think of other props such as whether to have them wear a headgear or not, what necklace to buy and where to buy from, and how to get anklets and bangles that would make enough noise when they do their movements. I even had to try doing the make-up: what colour eyeshadow to mix, how dark or how light and so on. Speaking of nervous, man, it's my 12th concert and it was a hell of a night!

So yea, by the time I arrive home, I have other things to do. Things such as arranging the songs for the whole concert into two CDs, preparing the slideshows, ensuring the certificates and spellings of names were correct etc. It really was work but it felt really good.

I promise to put the pictures of the concert night up here when I get them. This year we managed to get the help of a local photo studio to help us with the photography of the entire event, and also for the rehearsal. Will talk more about the concert in the next entry. A gist of forthcoming entries: Concert & Graduation 2005, Second Stroke and Cameron Highlands. Hopefully Concert & Graduation 2005 will be put in tomorrow evening. =P

No comments: