Thursday, December 02, 2010

Birthday yum cha at Sunny Harbour Seafood Restaurant

As I was in KL for my birthday, my housemates decided to make the following weekend that I was back in Sydney a special weekend for me. What prompted us to have dimsum? Well, Michael's urge for it, really. So I did a quick online search for some yum cha places and was introduced to Sunny Harbour Seafood Restaurant, which Sydney Morning Herald ranked as the best in Sydney.

But being #1 is what SMH thinks. What did we think? Well, let us have a look at what we ordered that morning:

Fried rice noodle...


... with peanut sauce and sweet sauce...


... fried radish cake (which I think has more radish in it than flour - good!)...


... lean pork and century egg porridge (so typically Chinese, eh?)...


... Xin Wen's favourite (she nearly ordered another serving): the enormous chicken feet!


Pork ribs in black bean sauce, which we thought had less preservatives than most other restaurants...


... combination beancurd sheet roll...


... steamed prawn and pork dimsim (siu mai, which Michael mistakenly ordered as har mai). Just look at the size of the prawns!


Steamed prawn dumplings...


... and steamed spinach dumplings...


Bright lighting and comfortable seating aplenty, what made the place great, to me, was the friendliness of the waitpersons. All of them were prompt with service without being haughty and were warm in greeting. I mean, honestly, how many places in the city would personally bring a dish of something to you when you ask for one? They would brush you off by telling you to wait for the next trolley.

We paid $66 for all of the above. If you ask me, it was very reasonable especially when the portions were huge. Come on, admit it, the places in the city would have you seeing more of the basket than the food. Here, the dumplings and what not were so big that we could not see the bottom of the basket!

Looks like now we do not need to train into the city for yum cha every time!

* Thanks to Michael for letting me use his mobile phone to capture the photos.

Sunny Harbour Seafood on Urbanspoon

Sunny Harbour Seafood Restaurant
9-11 Crofts Avenue, Hurstville, NSW 2220
02 9585 1633 (Tel)
Daily 10:00am - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm

1 comment:

Meitzeu said...

Nyum! I love Dim Sum!