Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Sydney to Brisbane drive (Day 6)

Byron Bay is famous for its sunrise because it is the most easterly point of Australia. The reason we stopped for a night at Byron was so that we could catch that infamous sunrise. BUT IT DID NOT HAPPEN!!! It rained throughout the night, through till morning. Just look at how gloomy and wet the weather was!




Disappointed, we started our drive early towards Mullumbimby, where Crystal Castle was.


We were so early, we were the first to arrive and had to wait for them to open!


After purchasing our entry tickets, we were greeted by the Sand Castle.


Then, we walked past the Water Pourer Pond to the music of croaking toads.


There was a piece of giant Sahara fossil...


... and a statue of Dewi Sri.


On the other side, there was something called the Rose Quartz Sacred Circle.


Look at those gigantic pieces of rose quartz!


There were two amethyst gateways, with one leading to the Elephant God, Ganesh.



I followed the path through the gateway onto the Buddha Walk and passed Lakshmi, Goddess of Abundance.


At the end sits Lord Buddha atop his lotus mosaic. They claim that the statues are all carved from Gunung Merapi volcanic rock.


Audrey walked the Labyrinth, which was a walk of spiritual reflection.


Inside the main building, there was a spiral staircase that led up to the Reading Tower, which was where I had a go at my very first session of tarot card reading! Quite interesting, I would have to say. Now, I would have to see if part of what she said comes true (one issue I would have to wait till the end of the year!).

We fed ourselves at Lotus Cafe.




We both had balsamic mushrooms and tomatoes on pesto paste, which I thought spruced up every taste sensation in my mouth very well.


I gave something called the LSD a go. It stood for latte with soy and dandelion. Hm, interesting combination, I thought. The taste needed some getting used to, though.


We did some shopping, too. Audrey bought herself a lovely little suncatcher while I bought two windchimes. Both made from agate, I bought one in bright pink and another in brown.

Crystal Castle
81 Monet Drive, Mullumbimby, NSW 2482
02 6684 3111 (Tel), 02 6684 1196 (Fax)
E-mail: info@crystalcastle.com.au
Daily 10:00am to 5:00pm
Adults $14.90
Concession $12.90
Children $10.90
Family (2 adults, 2 children) $39.00
Byron Shire residents by donation


As we spent a longer time than expected at Crystal Castle, we had to cut short our walk at Wollumbin National Park.


We were both wondering what 'fruit' this was, as it was as big as a fifty cent coin!



From the originally planned three hours, we made it half an hour. Actually, next time (if there is a next time), a day or two would be dedicated to this park.

We were, or at least, I was pretty glad to be driving in the direction of Gold Coast, finally. That would mean that we would be in a different state, a different time zone!

Raffles Royale was just like how I remembered it to be.


The only difference was that when I was here back in 2008, I shared a two-bedroom apartment with five other people.



I totally forgotten to take a picture of the pool, which Jenny, Angeline, Chee Sing and I fully utilised the last time we were here.


Raffles Royale
69 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217
07 5538 0099 (Tel), 07 5538 0688 (Fax)
E-mail: info@rafflesroyale.com.au


One other down side was that we did not have an empty bottle for Audrey to collect some of the sand from the beach at Surfers Paradise.



Distance covered today: 163km

No comments: