Monday, May 27, 2013

Restoran Tim Kee 添记(老地方)板面

Founded as a small stall in Bukit Bintang in 1988, Tim Kee Pan Mee drew large crowds due to their authentic pan mee. As their popularity grew, they relocated to a shop opposite the origin stall. Today, and much to my delight, they are located in my childhood neighbourhood of Taman Universiti Indah in Seri Kembangan. 

I remember when I was back home for a break two years ago, Mum and Dad went, "Let's go for pan mee. Do you know there is a new shop here in Taman U?" Oh? Curiosity aroused, I took the keys to the car and headed to the row of shops adjacent to the mamak shop we normally have brekkie at.

Dad and I love their original dry pan mee with minced pork and mushrooms, which is served with a bowl of sweet leaf soup. The chicken bone and dried anchovies soup, boiled for hours, is flavoursome. Occasionally, I order their traditional soup pan mee.




They have other varieties of pan mee, including tomyum, seafood tomyum and herbal. Their menu is not restricted to just pan mee, there are other types of noodles and dishes, too, but they are more famous for their pan mee.

Oh, the variety of chilli... made my friends in Sydney so envious when I shared this photo with them :P



If you work in nearby areas such as Equine, Pinggiran Putra, Puncak Jalil, or even Cyberjaya, do head over for a quick lunch. For Seri Serdang, Balakong and Taman Sungei Besi folks, unless you are pretty confident you will not be caught in traffic, I would think Taman U is a little far for you.

RM10 comfortably covers a bowl of noodles plus one drink, with some spare change. Not bad for a cosy, comfortable and clean environment with quick and friendly service.

Restoran Tim Kee
A-G-15 Jalan Indah 2/10, Taman Universiti Indah, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 8938 9851
Open 8:00am to 6:00pm daily

No comments: