Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Three Monkeys Coffee & Tea House

When I was visiting Brisbane for a conference once, I met up with one of my ex-students. She suggested to meet at The Three Monkeys at West End and I obliged. Having never been to West End, I took the opportunity to explore the area and walked from UQ to West End (I know, long walk).


Opened in 1990, it was originally started to serve the students living in the three houses above. As its popularity grew, so did the premises. In 1995, The Three Monkeys changed hands and major expansion took place, moving into the courtyard and across into adjoining rooms.


There was a Mediterranean feel to the place. It was decorated with an eclectic collection of international memorabilia, cosy couches and booths to hide in. 


The queue was long for as long as I was there. Must be quite a popular place, I thought.


I was pretty attracted to the display of cakes - such a wide selection and all at $7.35 per slice.


 We ordered a salad, a pizza and a slice of lemon cheesecake to share.




I also ordered a hot chocolate, which I really liked. And I was impressed with the lemon cheesecake. If I visit again, I would give their other cakes a try, too.


Three Monkeys Coffee & Tea House on Urbanspoon

The Three Monkeys Coffee & Tea House
58 Mollison Street, West End, QLD 4101, Australia.
Tel: +61 7 3844 6045
Sunday to Thursday 9:30am to 11:30pm
Friday & Saturday 9:30am to 12:30am

No comments: