Saturday, January 02, 2016

I'm Not A Chef Cafe

I hardly venture to this area of PJ deterred by the traffic. It is not exactly near to where I live but because my friend and I had a special event to attend in that area, we checked out the cafe scene there. There were so many to choose from. In the end, we decided on I'm Not A Chef Cafe, attracted by its name.

Located on the first floor, they were not easy to find. More noticeable signage would help.

We were welcomed by a naked brick counter with lots of things. There was a mini fridge with cakes, a coffee machine and other things.


The cafe is operated by two friends. One looked after the floor and drinks while the other looked after the kitchen and hot meals.


Forgive me but I do not recall if both or one of them were in New Zealand and incorporated some of the Kiwiness into the cafe.


As they are situated a stone's throw away from tertiary institutions, I would imagine that they would get quite a few students frequenting them. That would explain the "art bench top" they have available for customers to doodle and leave their creativity behind.


Soft shades and cosy furniture also available in addition to the usual dining tables and foldable chairs.


I liked how they try to have some real plants. I feel that plants make a huge difference to spaces.


Okay, now to the grub. Let's start with drinks. I had my standard mocha, which they call mochacino  (RM8.50) here. Had a lot of foam. Perhaps I should have asked for less.


Evon had a glass of cold lemon honey cucumber juice (RM5.90). Very refreshing.


We shared all the food we ordered. When we saw the freshly-made Hawaiian pizza (RM17.90), we could not contain our excitement. It had been ages since we had good pizza!


We thought Chiaki's Chicken Chop with Apple Sauce served with Grilled Potato (RM20.90) was unique. Could have done with less potato and with a bigger piece of chicken, though.


We really enjoyed the Apple Crumble served with Vanilla Ice-Cream (RM12.90), especially the ice-cream. We could not get enough of it!


One special feature I found quite interesting was their use of nasi lemak wrapping paper as menus...


... and their own drawing of the different types of coffee on their stools that taught customers the different percentages of water:milk:coffee. You would have to walk around to every stool to see all of them, though.


I'm Not A Chef Cafe
B6-2-5 Jalan Teknologi 2/1E, Signature Park, Kota Damansara, 27810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 6143 7440; E-mail: hwg.express@gmail.com
Weekdays 10:00am to 7:00pm
FB | IG

No comments: