Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Owls Cafe

When this cafe first opened, they did not have operating hours as friendly as what those they have now. I guess, one would have to try out the market, as they say, to tweak your supply to the immediate demand of the area and people you serve.

What is in a name? Well, everything. This cafe is called The Owls Cafe and naturally would carry an owl theme. As I love owls, I love everything in this cafe - the mural, the decor, the teapots, everything! You can say that I instantly had a cafe crush, if there existed such a thing.

Although this is the home cafe of barista Loo Choy Leng (Malaysian Latte Art Championship 2015 finalist), I have not tried their coffee. Instead, on both the occasions that I was there, I opted to have tea. And not just any tea, I like the Ravishing Rose Tea (RM8/cup, RM12/pot).


The cafe is known for not only owls but also for delectable waffles. Little did I realise that their revamped menu also consisted proper meals, such as this huge serving of Baker on the Go, an 180°C  oven baked buttery flavoured crispy croissant served with salad and fries in the choice of Morning Daisy, farm eggs scrambled to perfection in golden and soft texture (RM16).


I was also pleasantly surprised with their selection of savoury waffles, like this Sally Salmon (RM24),  a herbs-based waffle top golden scrambled eggs infused with truffle oil served with smoked salmon and confit cherry tomatoes. This waffle was in the traditional round shape.


The dessert waffles that we ordered came in a non-traditional flower shape. The first was the Milo Dinosaur (RM15), which was topped with a scoop of dark chocolate ice-cream, marshmallow, Coco Crunch, Milo powder and condensed milk.


The last but not least was in my opinion, the best non-classic waffle I have ever had in a long time. The Rebecca (RM18) was filled with strawberries and blueberries and topped with a scoop of Earl Grey ice-cream, almond flakes and maple syrup. That Earl Grey ice-cream was unforgettable. I loved it!


If you plan to go with a group of friends, it is a better idea to car pool as the street parking there can be a nightmare, especially on weekends. Also, the weekend queue to get a table can get quite long, so be prepared to wait for a table.

The Owls Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

The Owls Cafe
12-1 Block 5, Jalil Link, Jalan Jalil Jaya 6, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 9543 9828; E-mail: hello@theowls.com.my
Sunday, Tuesday to Thursday 10:00am to 7:00pm
Friday and Saturday 10:00am to 11:00pm
Cash only

No comments: