Friday, June 02, 2006

Full house

Uncle Shiang, Aunty Vivien (Shaun's parents), Uncle Shiang Foo, Aunty Gaik (Shaun's uncle and aunt), Darryl, Calvin, Beatrice and Anton (Shaun's cousins) arrived at 6pm sharp yesterday.

You have no idea what they brought along with them. Everything, literally. Right down to Maggi Mee In My Cup (Curry flavour), air beds, air pump, tea, coffee, sugar and the works. Seriously, they will survive anywhere with the amount of stuff they've brought.

Have failed at my attempt of doing work with them in the house. Ended up spending my morning in Eastwood buying food ingredients for dinner. Aunty Vivien wanted to have steamboat so yup, you guessed it, we went to Tonyon to get our stuff. The two aunties stopped in a Korean store to buy Manuka Honey and Aunty Vivien even borrowed the storekeeper's calculator to ensure that it's cheaper than the pharmacy she bought from last night in Mac Cen. Geez! Power or what?!

I guess I'd have to wait till late tonight to do some work. Or wait till they head to the city.

But, I have to admit, it's really nice to have so many people in the house. Especially when 4 of them are kids. Sigh... how I wish I was home with 'my' kids.

And on Monday, Yew Huoi, his sister and his mum would be back to stay another 3 days. That makes 12 of us in the house!

No comments: