Sunday, September 08, 2013

Padi House Sri Petaling

Bandar Sri Petaling is one mini township that underwent an entire facelift. From a mountain of trash (literally), it is now one of the newer go-to haunts for food enthusiasts. Situated right next to PappaRich, Padi House is an attention-grabber. From the exterior to the interior, I was attracted by its layout, the natural materials, its earthy colours, the greenery and its laidback atmosphere.


I noticed a row of Lavazza coffee bags, which made me think that coffee would not be too bad here.


They had a black giraffe on their white brick wall as a main feature.


There was also a minimalist flight of stairs with a water feature underneath it (I think it has something to do with fengshui, this water feature) to more seating above.


To quench my thirst, I ordered a glass of Fresh Orange Carrot Juice (RM6.90) without the ice. Refreshing but hey, how hard can it be to make fruit+veg juice in a juicer, right?


The Toasted Hazelnut Latte (RM7.90) smelt fragrant. How can one go wrong with Lavazza?


We wanted to think that we are healthy people so we asked to start of with a Classical Caesar Salad (RM8.90). It was not too bad if not for the overkill on the cheeesssseee.....


I thought their Grilled Salmon Fish with Key Lime Sauce (RM24.90) was pretty interesting. Well, the sauce was, at least, with a tinge of tangy lime taste. The fish itself was slightly overcooked but did have that slight crispiness in the skin.


The Fish and Chips (Dory Fish) (RM15.90) was normal maybe because I was comparing with what I could get in Sydney. But for that price (roughly AU$5.20), I would not complain.


To me, the best part of their menu is their cake selection. I totally recommend the Yoghurt Cheesecake - a little sour from the yoghurt but also has that slight cheesy creaminess. An awesome fusion of tastes!


The Cookies and Cream Cheesecake would definitely go down well with cookies and cream fans.


Depending on the team on shift, service varies but generally good. Washrooms are pretty clean, too. If I have to warn you against one thing, it would have to be the horrendous parking. I normally park in the parking lot of The Store and walk across, although his is not as advisable if you plan to stay till late.

Padi House Sri Petaling
29 Jalan Radin Bagus 3, Bandar Sri Petaling, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 8318 9368
Sundays to Thursdays 11:00am to 1:00am
Fridays and Saturdays 11:00am to 2:00am
*This is a halal establishment

No comments: