Saturday, April 23, 2016

Let It Rain Cafe 下雨吧

There was a period of time when I was following people who were good with their hands - calligraphy, painting, sketching, printing, binding. One of these accounts belonged to the owner of this cafe and what really caught my attention was the name of the cafe. How unique is "Let It Rain"? Or in Mandarin, 下雨吧, which literally means just rain. Like, aiya, just rain la... how apt for the scorching hot weather in KL at the moment.


Visiting them on a weekday during lunch time is one of the most testing experiences because it is so darn difficult to find a legal parking spot close to the cafe. I say legal because Cyberjaya is not one of those places where you could double park or park on a yellow line or an unmarked spot without getting a fine. They carry out their duties responsibly, the officers from the Sepang Municipal Council. Most of my visits here had me walking from quite a distance.

The set up of the cafe is pretty simple and being creative people, there was evident use of recycled and inexpensive material. More importantly, they welcome visitors warmly.


There were also items from the past, to add a nostalgic feel to some corners.


In addition to food and drinks, there were also other things on sale. Upon closer inspection, I realised that there were mostly in support of local start-ups, local artistes and other local DIY people like the owner. Super like!


Their menu is constantly being modified and they try their hardest to offer home-cooked meals that are affordable, balanced and healthy. You can expect unique names to their food, too, like Porky Moonlight Hor Fun, Mama Mee Ah..., Crazy Office Porky Sandwich and Honey Bee Coffee.

One of my visits with Kelly saw her ordering a cold drink called Lemon Chrysanthemum. I thought it was an interesting drink because it was my first introduction to this combination. I mean, chrysanthemum ice cubes added to lemon juice, I would never have been able to come up with this refreshing mix.


They also serve hand-drip coffee here, with a limited selection of beans. Their friendly staff would explain when asked.

Food-wise, let's just say that I am so happy that they only use brown rice here. I have tried their Ojisan Porky Don, which I thought would have been more enjoyable if there was a little more moisture to it. Still, it was flavoursome.


Their Rice Wine Ginger Porky Rice really tasted like something I would have at home. It was thoughtful of them to separated the pork to the rice, as some people prefer not to have the sauce mixed in with the rice.


I feel that it is a plus point that they also practice the lunar calendar vegetarian observance (1st and 15th days of the lunar calendar). On occasions, they hold flea markets, exchange bazaars and also autograph/media sessions.

5 Block E, Jalan GC4, Glomac Cyberjaya, 63200 Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 8322 5466; E-mail: letitraincafe@gmail.com
Weekdays 11:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday Noon to 6:00pm
Cash transactions only

No comments: